Monday, 21 August 2017

Quotes To Make You Feel More Motivated

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started” Mark Twain, Banner


So, with the start of the new quotes series, I have so far focused on Positive quotes and Harry Potter quotes. Today I want to focus on Motivational Quotes.

While you may think, well aren’t positive quotes the same as motivational quotes; well sort of. Positive quotes are great but motivational quotes focus more on the need to get something done such as work, writing, painting anything especially if you are stuck procrastinating or in a slump of inspiration. They make you focus on the good that can come from continuing or finishing something. I use these through A-level and more recently throughout my University work to try and remind and encourage myself of the benefits of finishing but also the great feeling that comes with it. Whether you are trying to change the world, better yourself or just enjoying a project these quotes can help you find and carry that spark through to the end.

“Learning is like rowing upstream, not to advance is to drop back.”
A Chinese Proverb

“I am thankful for all of those who said NO to me. It’s because of them I’m doing it myself”
Albert Einstein

“Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible”
Audrey Hepburn

“By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail”
Benjamin Franklin

“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him”
Charles Dickens, David Copperfield

“When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favour”
Elon Musk

“The expert in anything was once a beginner”
Helen Hayes

“A diamond is a chunk of coal that did well under pressure”
Henry Kissinger

“Anything's possible if you've got enough nerve”
J K Rowling

“Things do not happen. Things are made to happen”
John F. Kennedy

“Ideas are like rabbits. You get a couple and learn how to handle them, and pretty soon you have a dozen”
John Steinbeck

“Perseverance is failing 19 times and succeeding the 20th!"
Julie Andrews

“You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it”
Margaret Thatcher

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started”
Mark Twain

“I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed"
Michael Jordan

“It always seems impossible until it's done”
Nelson Mandela

“You can never be overdressed or overeducated”
Oscar Wilde

“The ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do”
Steve Jobs

“The scariest moment is always just before you start”
Stephen King, On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft

“There is no substitute for hard work”
Thomas Edison

“I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have” 
Thomas Jefferson

“The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary”
Vidal Sassoon

“To begin, begin”
William Wordsworth

“Never, never, never give up”
Winston Churchill

and the last, but favourite of mine because it’s always true for me

“The first draft of anything is shit”
Ernest Hemingway

I hope you find some, if not all these, relight or brighten that burning flame of passion you may have for something. I have a few of these printed off and attached to a corkboard above my computer where I blog and do my university work to remind myself to keep striving to achieve. Sometimes you just need that gentle reminder.

(The quote graphics can be found on this Pinterest board

For more places to find me go to my TwitterPinterest, or Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment