Monday, 26 June 2017

The Best Quotes From 20 Years Of The Harry Potter Series

The Best Quotes From 20 Years Of The Harry Potter Series Banner
Today, 26th of June 2017, marks the 20 year anniversary of one of the greatest stories ever told. Before ever becoming a movie, Harry Potter was a novel, written by JK Rowling. 12 publishers rejected it, and only 1 saw its potential, Bloomsbury, and what started after that was 20 years of magic and love. 7 books and 8 films later and it's one of the best-known stories in the world. Both the books and films have won numerous awards and even to this day new theories and information come out about the wizarding world.


http://skuttcatholicflightline.com/6159/entertainment/harry-potter-and-the-unexpected-return/
Taken from Google
To me, Harry Potter has been huge in my life. I read every book in hours, I have watched every film at least 20 times. In 2006 I was starting my own mental health struggle; not knowing where I fit in feeling quite isolated and then there was this series with a magical world I could escape too. The films became my life and a way of carrying on. If Harry could live through all he had been through, so could I.
So in celebration of the 20 year anniversary, I have gathered all my favourite inspiring quotes together in one post, in the hope that 1 if not all of these help and are relevant to you in some way...

“It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.”

- The Philosophers Stone

“To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.”

- The Philosophers Stone

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”

- The Chamber of Secrets

“But you know, happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
- The Prisoner of Azkaban

"It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be.”
– The Goblet of Fire

"We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
– The Goblet of Fire

“Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it.”
– The Goblet of Fire

“We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That’s who we really are.”
- The Order of the Phoenix

"You sort of start thinking anything’s possible if you’ve got enough nerve."
- The Half-Blood Prince

"We are all human, aren’t we? Every human life is worth the same and worth saving.”
- The Deathly Hallows

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?”
- The Deathly Hallows

“Words are in my not-so-humble opinion, the most inexhaustible form of magic we have, capable both of inflicting injury and remedying it.”
- The Deathly Hallows

As we remember the 20 years of the first published book I think it's fitting to remember the actors that brought the books to life who are no longer with us; Richard Harris (1st Dumbledore), Richard Griffiths (Vernon Dursley), Roger Lloyd-Pack (Barty Crouch-sr), Alan Rickman (Snape), John Hurt  (Mr Ollivander). There are other minor characters whose actors have died but I cannot remember all their names.

Harry Potter will 'always' be a magical world that children and adults will love. Feel free to leave any other quotes you love or even memories you have of the series. 

For more places to find me go to my TwitterPinterest, or Instagram


10 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE this post! Thank you for sharing a tough time in your life, and your reflections through the series. I'm celebrating by re-reading all seven books starting today. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I celebrated by watching all the films while doing a Harry Potter colouring book! <3

      Delete
  2. Such a great idea to incorporate Harry Potter in a mental health blog post. This has to be one of the best and most unique blog posts I've ever read! Well done! My favorite quote is the one Serius tells Harry in book/movie five. I thought of getting it as a tattoo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow thank you! I love the idea of getting a Harry Potter tattoo just too many different designs and quotes to use, I find it hard to chose x

      Delete
  3. These are some of my favorite quotes. "It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live," is a tattoo that I have that I got when I was first diagnosed with bipolar disorder. It helps to keep me centered I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh I would love that tattoo! I've wanted a Harry Potter tattoo for a long time now but just so many to choose from. What a great quote to use as well!

      Delete
  4. LOVE this! Harry Potter will forever have a special place in my heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will for me too! I hope it goes on forever

      Delete
  5. Thanks for sharing these! These are some great quotes. My husband told me it was Harry's "20th birthday" this morning and I got all defensive. Completely forgot that the books came out 20 years ago. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't seem like 20 years at all! I think everyones a little shocked if I'm honest.

      Delete